Sunday, September 13, 2015

Your Life on a Three Legged Stool


Imagine you're standing on top of the three legged stool in the picture.  It's really easy to maintain your balance when all three legs are solid.  You're on shaky ground when one or more of the legs becomes weak or wobbly.  Your legs are your support system and you need all three.  Think about what each leg of your stool represents in your life.  I consider my three legs as my financial side, my health side and my spiritual side.  Until recently I was looking quite gimpy because my foundation was way out of balance.  My faith was tested during my time living in the cave.  If you want to know more about this, check out my blog archives.  My financial leg was fractured in multiple places from a fall I suffered nearly seven years ago and I needed serious rehab to recover.  But the third leg needed even more attention.  Most people don't realize a silent killer lurks inside our bodies.  I'm not going to bore you with the details, but I learned recently I was headed to an early grave.

I'm taking immediate action to make sure all three legs are secure.  Kudos to my health insurance company for sponsoring Prevent, a sixteen-week program to help me and the others in the group I joined this morning get healthy.  I won't be sharing anything about the group due to privacy concerns but I will be passing along all the knowledge I gain from this program.

Check your stool today.  Make sure all three legs are secure.  Have a great day.

No comments: