You had a great Spring. You worked out at regular intervals. Your Summer was amazing and you were in peak shape. Winter arrived. You cancelled outdoor activities. You gained weight. Your self-confidence dropped. That was last year. This time it's different. All you need to do is eliminate the off season and you will avoid slip ups. Here's how it works:
- Stop telling yourself there's an off season. Make every month count regardless of the weather.
- Commit to activities that aren't weather dependent. I'm staying in shape by playing indoor tennis and swimming indoors.
- Surround yourself with like-minded friends who wish to remain active during Winter. Your friends will help you stay motivated when you feel the urge to skip a workout.
- Try the Caveman Food Experiment. Phase III begins on January 1. If you can handle three weeks of fruits, veggies, nuts and no processed foods, your off-season will become prime time. Your past broken New Year's resolutions will stop haunting you and you will be in the best shape of your life, ready to have your best year ever.
- Send me your naysayers. I want all the excuse makers and other negative people in your life to visit this blog and discover why they should be in the food experiment. These people are capable of destroying your plans to eliminate your off-season because they're afraid if you change they may have to as well. You can let them beat you up and possibly take your eye off the ball or send them to me and let me have a shot at helping them improve their health. I truly believe I can handle those who lost hope because I've witnessed first-hand how easy it is to eliminate the off season when you make some changes to your food plan.