Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Word of Caution for Writers


Are you one of those writers who disappears for days to work on your next novel?  Do you forgo daily exercise in order to spend more time in front of your computer?  I can relate.  It's dangerous.  I was so focused writing my last book that my health declined and I didn't even notice.  I was eating all the wrong foods.  My blood pressure sky rocketed and my cholesterol levels entered the danger zone.  Long periods of inactivity combined with poor food choices is toxic and your writing career may end early due to a stroke or heart attack.  Most Americans are already at risk because they don't eat properly.  Writers who spend all their time sitting in front of their computers are in double jeopardy.

The solution is simple if you desire a healthier lifestyle.  Avoid setting overzealous writing deadlines and schedule exercise.  You may find spending time with nature will inspire creativity.  And don't forget to eat your veggies, especially the greens.  Have a great day.

No comments: