Sunday, November 15, 2015

Are You Smarter than a Food Dummy?


Here's your chance to show your food IQ compared to a food dummy (me).  Ready?  Here are your questions:
  1. True or false, drinking milk regularly reduces your risk of calcium deficiency and promotes stronger bones.
  2. If there are 4 grams of sugar in 1 teaspoon and 39 grams of sugar in one 12-ounce can of Coca-Cola, how many teaspoons of sugar are in one can?
  3. True or false, spinach contains more than 50% protein.
  4. True or false, 74% of men in America are considered to be overweight or obese?
  5. True or false, a group of 100 men and woman who avoid eating processed foods for 21 days and restrict their diets to fruits, vegetables and nuts can lose a combined total of 2,000 pounds (one ton).
Remember, I'm the food dummy here, so you don't need to trust my answers.  In fact, I won't even know the answer to #5 until January 21 when Phase III of the Caveman Food Experiment ends.  My theory is that if no one cheats, the group will lose one ton and be done.  Here are my answers:

  1. False.  Countries where milk consumption is highest also have the highest level of osteoporosis.
  2. 10 teaspoons.
  3. True.  Spinach is 51% protein.
  4. True.
  5. Come back and see for yourself on January 21 when I post the results of Phase III.
If you scored low on this quiz, don't feel bad.  My level of food awareness was below the 5th grade level until recently when I discovered I was at high risk of a heart attack or stroke because of food related inflammation.  That's why I agreed to enter a food experiment.  I have a long way to go in the food journey and now my focus is helping others to get smart with food choices, lose weight and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.  Have a great day.

No comments: