Some of you in the 50+ crowd may be thinking the game's almost over. Maybe you've gained too much weight or your body isn't behaving the way it was back in the first quarter of your life. Consider today's blog message your half-time talk. I have something to say about the game of life: we're just getting started. Please get any negativity you may be carrying around out of the locker room and take a knee for a couple of paragraphs:
Three days ago I suffered a major blow on the battlefield. The enemy attacked me with a series of all-out blitzes that left me dazed. I asked for a time-out to get my thoughts together. The experience scared the hell right out of me. I needed to regroup. What I realized is I have something worth sharing with those who want a better life and the other side is willing to do anything to try and stop me from sharing hope. Please don't give up. Please stay in the game. Let's try some new plays in the next quarter. The third quarter is the perfect time for change. Here's the game plan:
- Change your food program. Eat as many fruits and veggies as you want for the next 45 days. Mix in some nuts too. Cut out anything with a label on it.
- Commit to 120 minutes of exercise every week for the next six weeks.
- Decide you're going to play the game of life for all four quarters with vigor and passion.
- Under no circumstances are you going to give the other side any opportunities to keep you out of the game. Their tactics may work for the confused or the weak who don't know our Savior. Those who know our Savior already know who wins in the end.
- Be willing to try new ideas in the third quarter. You gained much wisdom in the first half of your life. Now it's time to apply all you learned to these next two quarters. Let's go!