|"The Garden of Eden" by Lucas Cranach der Ältere, a 16th century German depiction of Eden.|
I love being a part of this quilt and I love the people I'm connected to. There were times in my life when I doubted my ability to complete my puzzle. The Holy Spirit picked up the phone the moment I speed dialed and inspired me to slow down. In my rush to figure life out, I was missing out on important clues -- some revealed by reviewing parts of the puzzle already pieced together, and others by spending more time with those who consider themselves misfits.
Here are some reasons why I believe your puzzle is worth completing:
- God creates perfectly. Those jagged edges in the puzzle pieces have a purpose. They function as tendons and ligaments, connecting muscle to bone or bone to bone. One missing piece causes problems for the entire body.
- When connections are made in your own puzzle, you begin to see a picture of the world as God created it.
- Any thoughts you have of not belonging to the puzzle do not come from God.
- If you trust God to show you where you perfectly fit into His masterpiece, He will.
- Every new day is a brand new opportunity to find more connections, to seek out lost pieces and to appreciate all that God reveals to you.