If you're one of those people who live in the fast lane, I'm asking you to consider moving over and slowing down. Your food choices are sending you to an early grave. Put the brakes on your processed food and you will live longer. The World Health Organization said recently eating processed meat such as sausages and ham causes cancer while unprocessed red meat may also be carcinogenic. Don't fret. You don't have to go cold turkey on red meat to live longer, but these tips may be your ticket to forestall your appointment with St. Peter at the Golden Arches.
- Special orders won't upset your stomach. If you aren't ready to give up fast food, order a salad and drink water instead of a burger, fries and a soda.
- Plan your meals ahead of time and keep a food emergency kit in your car. The next time you're in a hurry, reach for that bag of nuts and raisins instead of visiting your neighborhood fast food hangout.
- Start your day with a morning fruit and veggie smoothie. This will fill you up and take away your hunger pangs. Click here for my favorite Mulligan Big Cup.
- Go big on your greens. You can eat unlimited amounts of veggies and not gain weight. In fact, if you stay away from fast food and eat more fruits, veggies and nuts, you will lose twenty pounds or more in just thirty days.
- Cut the cheese and other dairy products. The purpose of cow's milk is to add about 400 pounds of weight to a calf in its first year. Your body doesn't know what to do when you overload it on dairy so it stores the fat in your belly area. Give up that milkshake and watch your belly shrink.