Saturday, September 12, 2015

Isn't it Ironic?


Our latest library find is "the Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf with the caption at the top that reads, "Transform your life in 30 days!  Lose Weight, Get Fit, Reverse Disease."  Although I'm only one third of the way complete, I'm discovering how ironic my approach to healthy living has been these last fifty-five years.  For starters, I'm surrounded by millions of acres of corn fields and Robb Wolf is telling me I can't eat any of it .  Whoa!  As John McEnroe would say emphatically, "You cannot be serious!"  He is.  And that's just the beginning.

I'm visiting my doctor on Wednesday to monitor my lipid profile and check my overall health.  The truth is I'd be the first person to challenge this guy's thoughts about corn and other foods listed in his do not eat category.  I always considered them safe bets for better health.  But there's one problem – I started eating like a caveman ten days ago and I'm already ten pounds lighter.  Rob Wolf is right.  My blood pressure dropped over 25% almost overnight.  Isn't it ironic?  I imagine Chevy Chase wearing a blindfold while he putts during that golf course scene in Caddyshack and he's schooling me... "Maybe you need to take a mulligan on your approach to your food program.  Be the caveman. Baadaadaadaa."  Stay tuned.  I'll share more about my new life eating like a caveman in future posts.  Have a great day.

No comments: