Saturday, September 19, 2015

25 Days to Go in the Pig Experiment - Here's an Update


I offered up my overweight, out of shape body up as a guinea pig experiment at the beginning of this month.  The guidelines were simple – no meat, fish, poultry, grains, dairy products or anything with a label for six weeks.  My blood pressure was in the danger zone and my insurance company welcomed me with open arms when I checked my eligibility for "Prevent," an online program for people like me who want to improve their health.  I told my new coach about the pig experiment and she liked the idea, assuring me it would be a good fit for my new program.  My doctor also supported my challenge and ordered up a complete set of blood tests to help me record the results.

I'll be sharing more results at the end of the six week experiment.   Today's story is directed at family and friends following this blog who may be interested in a health make-over.  I'm 16 pounds lighter, my double chin and fat belly are MIA and I'm feeling better than ever.  And my blood pressure is out of the danger zone without any medication.  Today's reading is 111/77.  The biggest tip I can offer you is to avoid eating processed foods.  Have a great day. 

No comments: