Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Is it too late to improve your health in the 3rd or 4th quarter of your life?


I never got to meet one of my childhood heroes, Jack Lalanne, before he passed away at age 96, but I did get to communicate with him late in the 4th quarter of his life.  He mailed me an autographed 8x10 of himself looking fit as ever.  His secretary's email to me after she received my note of condolences was something like this:  exercise one hour a day.  That's the best way to honor Jack.  I'm getting there but I have a long way to go.  At age 55, it's really easy to make excuses.  I'm not going there.   Instead, I'm going to follow Jack's ideas about living healthy.

If you believe it's too late to make improvements to your health, you're right.  I can't change your mind.  This is where healthy living starts.  If you refuse to change your habits then you're done.  But if you believe there's hope, no matter how hopeless your current situation may be, I agree with you.  It's really never too late when you decide to change your life.  If you need a helping hand, please follow this blog.  We can work on this together.  Don't worry about the time clock and focus on healthy choices, one minute at a time.  That's what Jack did for 96 years and he's still inspiring me from the grave.  Have a great day.

No comments: