Monday, September 21, 2015

A Health Topic You Can Sleep On


Are you sleeping like a baby?  If not, why not?  I visited my doctor last week for a physical and he asked me if I had any concerns.  "I'm getting up about every two hours in the middle of the night to pee," I reported.  He gave me the option to try a prescription that relaxes the muscles in the prostrate and the bladder.  Last night I managed to sleep for five hours before waking up to pee and it was the only interruption of the night.  I woke up refreshed and ready to conquer the day.  My goal is to sleep a full eight hours per night without any wake-up calls from Mr. Bladder.

I used to think it was okay to skip out on sleep in order to crank out a term paper or burn the midnight oil to study for an exam.  The older I get, the more I realize my body is slower to recover when I cheat on my sleep.  How about you?  What is your optimum level of sleep?  Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.  I appreciate you giving me something to sleep on.  Have a great day.

No comments: