Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Loss (20 Pounds in One Month) is Your Gain


I fooled myself into thinking I knew how to eat right.    I ate Ancient Grains cereal for breakfast and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, mostly on whole grain bread.  Many of my other food choices included foods labeled "organic" or "hormone free."  I really didn't know much about food until I entered a six week food experiment set up to with a goal to reduce my blood pressure naturally without medication.  I'm 20.6 pounds lighter since August 30.  My blood pressure is in the 105/70 range and my cholesterol numbers are in the safe zone for the first time in my life.  I'm sharing my weight loss story with you so you can gain important lessons about processed foods.  They may have fancy labels touting how healthy their foods are.  They aren't.  And that food pyramid they teach you about in school is a sham.  We're killing ourselves with the food we eat.

Do you want to improve your health?  If the answer is yes, try changing your shopping habits.  Put fruit and veggies in your cart and stay away from grains, meat and anything with a label.  Buy some walnuts, almonds and pecans.  Steam your veggies.  Cook your spinach in water.  That's it.  When your thirty days is up, go to your doctor and get a checkup.  Compare your new numbers to your old numbers.  Results don't lie.  Have a great life.  Don't forget to check in thirty days from today to share your results.  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: