Monday, September 28, 2015

The Accountability Factor


It doesn't matter where you are on the food chain.  There's always someone to report to.  Professional athletes have agents, managers and fans looking over their shoulders.  Children are being attended to by their parents.  Students answer to their teachers and professors.  I have a number of people I check in with concerning my quest to improve my health.  The good news is accountability increases the odds of a successful outcome.  Every morning when I step on my digital weight scale it sends a signal to my new health coach.  That's over 100 days of scrutiny.  On top of that, my progress shows up on a Facebook-type group page for all my team-mates to see.  There's no hiding.

Take a look at an area of your life you would like to change.  Ponder how you can make yourself more accountable by adding outside people like friends, family members, coaches or work associates.  It really helps when you join a community of like-minded people who are in pursuit of common goals.  Have a great day.

No comments: