Thursday, September 24, 2015

Where My Hope Comes From


Some people in my age group may not feel like soaring on wings like eagles.  They may argue they can't run without growing weary.  They may not be able to walk without being faint.  Like many of my high school classmates, some already deceased, I too was headed for an early grave.  Isaiah's words about hope seemed more like some kind of a fairy tale rather than my new reality.  Yes, I have hope.  The Lord has renewed my strength.  My fifty-five year old legs feel young again.  My blood pressure is out of the danger zone.  My good cholesterol nearly doubled in two weeks and my lipid panel is in the desirable range.  I've lost 18 pounds this month and continue losing body fat with only minor changes to my activity level.  The Lord sent me an anonymous angel to heal my broken body.  This angel asked me to be a part of his experiment.  The test is only half-way complete but I'm already healed.  I talked with this angel yesterday and he asked, "what did you think the outcome would be when you decided to be a part of my experiment?"

"I believed there would be improvements and I trusted your ideas,"  I answered.  The bottom line is I never gave up hope and I'm thankful for all the people God puts in my life.  Some are here to help me soar like an eagle and others are here because their wings are broken.  I'm thankful for every moment I get to spend with you.   A little bit of hope goes a long way.  Have a great day.

No comments: