Friday, September 11, 2015

The Enemy Within


Today is a day of remembrance.  On this day, fourteen years ago, an unknown enemy used our own assets against us and forever changed the way we look at the world.  But there's a far more dangerous attacker – the enemy within.  It's so easy to point fingers everywhere else except at ourselves.  I'm guilty of this.  The damage we do to our own bodies far outweighs all acts of terrorism we're observing in modern times.  We're killing ourselves and we don't even realize it.

I'm taking immediate action to make sure the man in the mirror no longer has anyone to blame for an over-size belly, high blood pressure or high cholesterol.  It's my responsibility.  I'm refusing to let my own body turn against me and kill me.  It's too late to turn back the clock and change the outcome of 9/11/01 but it's not too late to confront the enemy within and change our food habits.  Stay tuned.  If you need help fighting the enemy within, I'll share more about what I'm learning.  Have a great day.

No comments: