Thursday, January 7, 2016

Are you proactive in God's plans for your life?


God's got this.  It's something I often say when I feel like I'm in over my head.  He's got my back.  But there's something to remember from our Bible stories.  It's the weak and the powerless who are often called to do big things for God's glory.  Is this the part of today's message where you feel like cowering because you don't want God to call on you?  Would you rather God do everything and you sit back and watch?  When I say, "God's got this," what it really means is, God is your coach on the sidelines calling the plays.  He knows the enemy better than we do and He's calling your number to get out on the field and execute.

The Christian playbook is very different from the other side.  It's not about personal glory.  How many times have you been out on the field of life wishing you could call an audible and change God's play call?  I bet Joseph felt that way when he discovered his fiance was pregnant and he wasn't the father.  I bet Mary felt uncomfortable from the very beginning of her journey that ended with watching her son get nailed to a cross and crucified.

I'm working on being more proactive.  Forgiving my enemies is a big part of this.  Biting my tongue is another one.  Trusting God is huge.  The outcome of the game has already been determined.  God's got this.  Remember that the next time your number is called.  If you slow down and listen, maybe today you will hear his voice.  Trust God.  Trust the play calling.  Don't worry if you make a mess of things on the field.  It's all part of the game.  Stay in the game.  You can do this.  Have a great day.

No comments: