Maybe you're having trouble figuring out how to make this year a better year compared to all previous years. Those resolutions you made six days ago are already broken. Why is it some people seem to get it right while the majority fail to make significant improvements? I don't have all the answers. In fact, if you were to put me in a classroom, I'm the guy least likely to get the answers right. That doesn't stop me from always seeking a better way to get things done. Here's my list of nine ideas to improve your life. They come from trial and error. In fact, a lot of trials and numerous errors. Take 'em or leave 'em. If they work, pass them on to a friend. If they don't, at least you tried something new. Here goes:
- Play more games. I asked some of my Facebook friends to play Rock, Paper, Caveman and I'm giving $100 to the winner on Valentine's Day. The idea is to give up processed foods and see how much weight you can lose. Click here for the link to the game and enter today.
- Stop trying to change others and change yourself. This is a big one. I'm discovering my relationships with others get better when I'm concentrating on my own flaws. Odds are that your own shortcomings are the cause of your strained relationships. Fix your flaws and you may end up with more friends.
- Pray regularly. True wisdom comes from connecting to the Creator. He has all the answers. Seek and you shall find.
- Forgive often. This is for your benefit, not the person who caused you harm. They hold all the power over your life until you let go of that grudge you're holding inside.
- Surround yourself with people you would like to be more like. You are a combination of the top five people you hang around with.
- Avoid negative people. You know who they are. They know how to push your buttons. Stay away.
- Take baby steps. It's better to work on one goal and accomplish it than to spread yourself too thin and give up because you're overwhelmed.
- Reflect on your day before you go to bed. Review what worked and what didn't. Decide to do better the next day and let it go. Have a good night's sleep.
- Be grateful. Make a list of the top three things or people you are grateful for and do this for thirty days.