Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 2 ~ Friends and Family Tour


I'm in Arizona today for the second day of my vacation.  I left my laptop behind in order to maximize my time with friends and family.  I promise to respond to your emails and comments when I return home on 1/27.

Today's message is about balance.  I've been on both sides of the spectrum.  On one end, I cheated my sleep time in order to get more done.  I didn't understand the idea of taking breaks and skipped vacations for years.  On the other end, I slowed down so much that I lost momentum and felt like a bear in hibernation.  The real challenge is to work on projects that define who you are.  Choose them wisely and don't go overboard.  Avoid over-committing.  Pay attention to your body's warning signs.  Schedule vacations.  Spend time with your friends and family.  Have a great day. 

No comments: