Monday, July 1, 2024

The Foot of the Cross

 


What do you do when you see something familiar in an unfamiliar territory?  Do you pay attention or do you move on?  In my case, a friend from my house of worship encouraged me to visit something special, a shrine, located along Interstate 80 in Omaha.  You can find it by searching for 'Holy Family Shrine.'  The brochure states... It's not a place, it's a mission.

The picture you see here was captured yesterday at the foot of the Cross.  God's timing is perfect.  He knew I would be at His Son's Cross even before I was born.  He arranged the clouds perfectly so I could get the best photo.  I placed a private prayer request in the prayer book inside the Holy Family Shrine on my way to see this stunning sculpture of Jesus hanging on the Cross overlooking I80.  It's majestic.  Even better when you are directly beneath Jesus.  

It's a miracle how this site came into existence.  Four unqualified people were inspired at the same time by the Holy Spirit to build this place.  They didn't even know each other.  God gave them everything they needed to construct the Shrine.  Come and see for yourself and behold Jesus.  Have a great day.

No comments: