Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Sleep Rating Reaches 94



 Your sleep habits play an important role in your waking hours.  While I'm no sleep expert, I'm in the process of gathering the sleep feedback I need to maximize my sleep cycles.  Last night was a top of the charts evening.  Drum roll, please.  I rocked a 94 sleep score according to my smart watch.  Every score was in the 'blue zone.'  This means I slept within the recommended time period of 7 to 9 hours, fell within the desired range of 3 to 6 sleep cycles, managed to be awake less than 10% of the time, and reached big numbers in the REM and deep sleep categories.  

Who knows if the people setting the guidelines are Pokémon players who pull these numbers out of thin air.  They may not be bonafide sleeps experts.  It doesn't matter to me.  What matters is I can use the feedback I'm getting to set up my own sleep experiments and see what works without having to pay thousands of dollars going to a sleep center.  

The best recommendation I can make about optimum sleep is to take sleep seriously.  Make small changes and be as consistent as possible.  Dreaming big in your waking hours begins with dreaming big at night.  Keep me posted on your progress.  Have a great day.


No comments: