Thursday, October 1, 2015

Can One Person Change the World?


There's one thing I'm certain about – the world is very sick.  The new normal for most people is high blood pressure, high cholesterol and excess body fat.  We've lost our way.  I stumbled around for many years trying to figure out how to optimize my health but I never really seemed to get it right, even when I was an exercise maniac.  Something changed last month on September 2.  One person asked me to be a part of an experiment.  The choice was to go all in or keep doing it my way.  My way wasn't working so I said yes.  That's when everything changed.  One person changed my world.  The ripple effect will last for generations.  I realize the world doesn't have to stay sick.

Maybe you're asking, "what changed?"  I could give you all kinds of subjective answers which may not mean much in the scientific community or I could simply share a little bit about the hard facts.  The numbers are shocking.  I lost 21.2 pounds in one month.  68.6% of the loss is body fat.  That's enough body fat to nearly fill a 15 pound sack of potatoes.  Even more significant is the steady blood pressure readings coming in at 115/70 without any medication.  Prior to the experiment my readings put me in the stage II hypertension range.  I'll be sharing an update on my new cholesterol numbers at the conclusion of my experiment in the middle of this month when I return to my doctor for a new blood test.  The good cholesterol nearly doubled in the first two weeks of the experiment.

If you're interested in knowing more about the details of my test, please go back and read my blog stories from last month.  All I ask is that if you decide to make new food choices and they help you get healthy, please pay it forward and share your success with your loved ones.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts with you today.  Have a great day.  And if you believe one person can change the world, please pass this story along.  It's the best way I can thank that one person who changed my world in just 30 days.  May his experiment be the catalyst for the change this world desperately needs.

No comments: