Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lab Rat Stumbles Upon Key to Modern Food Mysteries


Hello, it's Michael the lab rat reporting about my food experiment which comes to a conclusion on October 14.  I'm 24 pounds lighter than I was when I returned from my family vacation at the end of August.  I discovered my blood pressure was in the danger zone and was on my way to urgent care when a trusted member of my extended family persuaded me to try a different approach.  He asked me to buy a blood pressure monitor and try a food experiment for 45 days.  I set up an appointment with my primary care physician and told him about the experiment.  All processed foods were off the table.  So were animals and dairy.  I've been eating nuts, fruits and veggies and drinking water.  I'm allowed up to two glasses of wine.  Grains are forbidden.  I can't tell you why my blood pressure dropped from stage II hypertension levels to an average of 115/70 almost overnight or why my good cholesterol nearly doubled.  I can't tell you why I lost 24 pounds since the end of August.  All I know is this lab rat is holding the key to modern food mysteries.  I'll let the experts sort through all my notes I've been keeping since day one, including a complete record of everything I'm eating.

The real mystery is in what I'm no longer eating.  Ever since man intervened and began processing our food, our health declined.  I'm eating the way nature intended and I'm a new person today.  It fits into a song I was listening to on the radio by Matthew West this morning while penning this story, entitled "Hello my name is."  Click here to listen to it.  The song summarizes who this lab rat is.  I'm thankful for the key I have and I'm using it to open up the cage door and come outside.  Pardon me for shouting from the roof top but I'm compelled to share my story with anyone who will listen.  I hope you come back on October 14 for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.

No comments: