Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Word of Caution if You're Considering Changing Your Food Program


This message is for anyone on prescription medicines for high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol who may be thinking about making changes to their food programs based on my lab rat experiment.  Be careful.  Consult your physician first.  Any changes you make, while they will result in positive results, may need monitoring by your physician.

Remember, I'm only a lab rat and I know nothing about how the body works.  It's complicated.  What I do know is when we put foods in our body that are man-made or processed contrary to nature's design, bad things happen, like obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

Many of my loved ones are concerned about the radical changes I'm making in my food program.  I refuse to call it a diet because it's not a diet – it's a lifestyle change designed to restore vitality.  I no longer have to worry about the silent killer who was humming a few bars before her center stage performance sometime in the third or fourth quarter of my life.  I've banished the fat lady from my home and I'm pursuing her like an Olympic sprinter who won't stop running until I've chased her out of our country.  There is no need for my loved ones to worry about my protein levels.  I'm making sure my doctor is monitoring my lipid panels and doing follow-up testing to document the results from my lab experiment.  The best way I can repay the one who started all this is to refuse to be silent about the health crisis in our country.  I urge anyone on prescription medicine to consult their physician before making changes.  Have a great day.

No comments: