Thursday, October 8, 2015

Can You Defy the Laws of Aging?


Death is inevitable.  My question for the day is about life.  Is is possible to live longer and healthier?  Many studies are focused on the brain and the body and we're learning more and more about how we can possibly defy the laws of aging by making positive changes.  I'm really surprised by all I'm uncovering as a participant in a lab rat experiment designed to help me solve some problems with my blood pressure and cholesterol.  The results will be available on this blog when the final blood test is done next week.

I don't know how the scientists will answer the question but I do know the changes I've made to my food program are worth the effort and I feel better than ever.  I've lost 23.4 pounds since the end of August and my blood pressure readings are consistently in the 110/70 range – a major turn-around from stage II hypertension levels prior to the start of the food experiment.  My cholesterol numbers are so good that my doctor is hesitant to order another set of labs.  I told his assistant this morning how important it is for me to get the test now before I start re-introducing foods I may be allergic to.  The only way to know for sure is to monitor my blood.  My hope is that this food experiment may help others find way to live healthier and happier lives.  What are your thoughts about today's question?  What changes are you willing to make to improve your health?  I look forward to hearing from you.  Have a great day.

No comments: