Monday, October 12, 2015

Why I'm eating like a caveman


Something had to change.  The choice was medicine for my high blood pressure or try an experiment for 45 days.  I decided to become a lab rat.  The instructions were simple – forego all processed foods and eat like a caveman.  The irony in all this is I studied a fictional caveman character for years in preparation for my first novel and I never once considered what he ate.  It turns out following our ancestors ways is really good for my fifty-five year old body.  The experiment ends in three days.  Here's what happened so far:
  1. My blood pressure dropped from stage II hypertension levels to the normal range.  Today's reading was 105/69.
  2. I lost 25 pounds as of today.
  3. 70% of the weight loss is body fat.
  4. My good cholesterol nearly doubled in two weeks.  
  5. My total cholesterol dropped 40 points in two weeks.
  6. I lost 2-and-a-half inches around my waist in six weeks.
  7. I stopped snoring.
  8. I can breathe through my nose without sniffling. 
  9. Friends and family who are trying the experiment are experiencing positive results.
  10. My feet no longer ache at the end of the day.
I can't tell you why all this is happening.  Maybe there's something in the foods I ate prior to the experiment that was causing my body to react negatively.  All I can say for sure is eating like a caveman works for me.  Try avoiding processed foods for 45 days and see what happens.  I'm also staying away from grains, meat and other animals until the experiment ends in three days.  Come back on October 14 for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.

No comments: