Thursday, August 1, 2024

A Great Day to Quit Something

Happy Thursday.  Happy August 1.  Most people probably aren't thinking about the end of the year these days because it seems so far off.  Well, this year is going to come to a conclusion in only 150 days.  If you're on track for your best year ever, congratulations.  If not, today is a great day to consider how you can get back on track while there's still time.

I've been working hard on letting go of things.  The concept of letting go seems easy to understand.  In my opinion, it gets easier when you make a habit of this.  The last book I read, "Dream Big," by Bob Goff is making a significant impact.  The author states that he designates every Thursday as a day to quit something.  Every Thursday he decides to let go of something no longer needed in his life.  It may be a harmful attitude.  It could be something in the closet he no longer needs.  It may be a job that no longer seems fulfilling.  I'm finding that every time I let go of something, it gives me an opportunity to make room for new things.  I've been letting go of a great deal of clutter these last thirty days.   How about you?  Is today a great day to quit something?  Give this idea a try and see what happens.  Have a great day. 

No comments: