Thursday, August 8, 2024

Happy 808


 

One of my newest readers wears a necklace sporting her favorite number, 888.  She seemed surprised when I told her my number happens to be 808.  I didn't have time to share the story behind my number, like my favorite travel destination which uses an 808 area code for Hawaii.  Maui is where my future bride said yes on a secluded beach one year before our wedding 35 years ago.  808 is also my Pacific coast time slot for daily blog posts now numbering over 5,400.  Despite moving away from the west coast twelve years ago, I decided to keep writing in the original time zone for the benefit of my first followers who share that time zone.  

I had a surgery scheduled 8/08, the day after my team came home from a USTA tournament.  The doctor was delayed meaning so they didn't put me to sleep until exactly 8:08 to repair a sports related hernia.  That day was a double 808 day.

Ironically, I've picked up readers simply because they were searching for the meaning of 808 that kept showing up in their heads.  If you happen to believe in angels, I found something about them with ties to the number 808.  According to a story I read, the 808 angel number means luck, manifestation, infinite possibilities, and the importance of building a solid foundation.  The only thing that precedes my daily blog messages is a collection of 5,000 love letters my bride and I wrote to each other.  All I can say is I'm thankful to have a solid foundation for my writing endeavors.  I've really enjoyed writing daily and giving back to the world.  Thank you for the opportunity to serve you every morning at 8:08.  Happy 808 day.  Have a great day.

No comments: