Saturday, August 3, 2024

The Making of Lucy – Step 2...Puff Up the Vision

 You have my permission to skip this story if my 'Lucy' dream bores you.  This is one of those stories I'm writing to make sure 'Lucy' becomes a reality before the dream needs life support.  I don't have any data about how many dreams come true.  I'm simply making sure this dream comes true.  It passes the first test as it now can be classified as a 'smart goal.'  SMART stands for goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, reasonable, and time stamped.  I'm adding one more item to this called 'Puff Up the Vision.'  This means I'm putting a vision in my head that will sustain me for the next 12 months while I transform 'Lucy' into a second home on wheels.  Here is what I will be repeating in my head until the transformation is complete...

My wife and I are sitting on top of Lucy on a deck made out of the same composite materials used to build our patio deck last year.  By the way, that deck also started as a vision.  I visualized the patio deck years before the small dilapidated one was transformed into our favorite place to spend our time.  We repeated something from our time in Southern California where we spent most of our outdoor time on a patio swing.  This swing was the final step in a complete renovation of our home.  The rebuild was compliments of a nearby neighbor who first showed us his idea written on a napkin.  He and his dad turned our home into something really special.  All I did was add the swing so my wife and I could have watch the sunset while sipping wine.

Step two is in my head now and will be with me while I work on all the steps necessary to complete Lucy.  I will puff up the vision of the two of us sipping wine on top of Lucy in various places throughout the country.  Who knows?  Maybe we will be visiting you as we traverse the countryside.  This will be in my puffed up vision of Lucy.  Lucy already has wings.  Now I'm attempting to earn mine.  This is my ultimate act of service for my bride of 35 years.  Have a great day.  I'm heading off to the tennis courts in pursuit of my long-term dream to be healthy enough to be playing tennis in my 90's.  That's another story.  Drills are at 8am.  Adios!

No comments: