Saturday, August 10, 2024

Cardio Tennis at 8am Today

My calendar for the next 12 months is filling up fast.  Although our team captain declined the first invitation to play in the Men's 18+ sectionals next week due to a shortage of available players, we did accept the wild card invite for the Men's 40+ sectionals in Springfield, Missouri the following week.  My boss at my day job granted time off requests for both weeks near the end of our tennis season which has been extended due to the wild card offer.  I'm super excited to return to Springfield for four days, especially since our team captain reserved a top-of-the-line 6bedroom VRBO outside of town on a majestic 33-acre property with a private pond.  

The 'Lucy Project' will be occupying most of my free time for the next 12 months.  I built a basic 3D model out of a shoe box to help me get a clear picture of her body parts.  I stopped at Lowe's on my way to my day job the other day and found a couple of tools that were marked down to $20 each because they were display models.  These tools were originally priced at $99 each.  My plan is to acquire all the necessary tools as they go on sale in preparation for the van build next summer.  All I can say right now is the planning stage is exhilarating.   The goal is to make Lucy five star so my wife will be comfortable on our future travels.  Time to head to the courts.  Have a great day.

No comments: