Wednesday, December 30, 2020

We're Digging Ourselves Out of the Snow This Morning

 By the time you read this, we will be out of our predicament.  Mother Nature did it again yesterday.  She dumped 9 inches of snow on us in a matter of hours.  Her cacophony ended dramatically with thunder, lightning, and a layer of sleet.  Her sheet music, as long as she follows it properly, is now displaying a series of rest notes signaling our opportunity to undo what she did to our driveway.  

"Fifteen minutes," my wife cautioned when I walked outside and stepped into the fresh snow piled onto our driveway.  My boots disappeared.  I realized that jeans are not the appropriate attire when my lower nerve cells sent out an SOS message to my brain.  Our youngest son teamed up with me to remove the layer of ice on all the windows and we cleared a narrow path to the end of the driveway where our biggest challenge awaited – three feet of snow about two feet high left by the snowplow driver when he cleared our street.  An hour and fifteen minutes later we called it a night.  I have just enough time to finish the job this morning so my wife and I can head to our day jobs.  I have a cacophony of my own to complete my day – Tennis with my teammates.  Maybe we can generate our own thunder indoors.  Have a great day.

No comments: