Saturday, December 26, 2020

The First Step on Your Happiness Journey

The best way I can share how I feel about this last year is to mention how much meaning these twelve months have given me.  The calendar is getting ready to flip again soon.  If you feel your life is lacking in happiness, perhaps we can journey together in a new year filled with endless possibilities.

Fear may be our most common enemy.  It has a way of sucking all the happiness out of our lives.  There is this fear of dying the media loves to capitalize on.  They can't reach me because I tuned them out long ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.  What about the fear of living?  COVID-19 has a way of trapping us into thinking we can't live right now so we must put our lives on hold.  I disagree.  I simply refuse to let fear to occupy any space inside my head.  If you made it this far in today's story, perhaps you're ready to take that first step.  You can wait until the new year begins or you can take that first step today and get a head start in what could be your happiest year ever.  Ready?  Here goes:

LET GO!

Here's a partial list.  You get to add to it between today and the remainder of the year and we will work on this together for the next 12 months.  Deal?

List of things to let go of

  • Gossip
  • Judging
  • Prejudice
  • Anger
  • Pride
  • Jealousy
  • Sense of Entitlement
  • Control
  • Past Hurts
  • Unforgiveness
  • Inferiority Complex
  • Anxiety
I realize that I have a long way to go in my own personal happiness journey.  The next year will not be a repeat of last year – it will be an enhancement to every lesson I learned last year and all the years that came before all the way until my childhood.  Let's work on this together.  Have a great day.


No comments: