Saturday, December 19, 2020

'Twas the Family Day Before Christmas

 'Twas the family day before Christmas

and all through the house,

all the creatures were stirring,

including the mouse.

For those of you who aren't aware, we have a mouse in the house named Hans.  He's not real but he has his own gingerbread house.  We bring him out every year when we display our Christmas decorations.  I'm super excited today.  Our youngest son is treating mom and dad to a night out at our local winery in our hometown.  I'm thankful for my boss at my day job who gave me the day off on the Saturday before Christmas.  My teammates will carry the load on one of the busiest days of the year while I'm enjoying our family day.  I will be on the courts at noon today with my tennis teammates for my first league match of the year.  COVID-19 disrupted the best-laid plans of mice of men.  I'm busy getting back in shape after many months of lockdown early in the year.

Wheels in motion tend to stay in motion.  Note to self:  When old wheels stop, the effort to hit the reset button is most challenging.  I will find out today if the molecules I'm taking may offer some advantage to my strength and endurance on the tennis courts.  Longevity researchers who have been studying yeast and mice observe that when they are fed NMN and resveratrol they live longer.  The mice do well on the treadmill and consistently beat Hans without fail.  Maybe I can cut out Hans's cookies and introduce him to intermittent fasting, another idea circulating in the community of scientists who are seeking to give us some extra Christmas seasons to enjoy.  Have a great day. 



No comments: