Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas!

 When the weather outside heated up a couple of notches to 3º here in the frozen tundra of Iowa this morning, my wife looked at me and said, "At least we're not in the negative."  Before the clouds whisked away in the ferocious winds, they blessed us with a stunning picture I captured yesterday morning.  The "sundog" phenomenon occurs when the sun is near the horizon and a halo resembling a rainbow forms around it.  In Native American culture, this halo is a sign from the Creator which marks a time of great change.  

While sundogs can resemble a full rainbow around the sun, the one I saw along the interstate looked more like three separate suns than a rainbow.  It reminded me of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I believe that the three are one, just like the three suns I saw yesterday were also from one star.  By the way, did you happen to see Saturn and Jupiter in alignment the other day?  That only happens about once every eight hundred years.  Some think maybe that's what the three wise men saw foretelling where Jesus was born.  I find these appearances and their timing rather remarkable.  

May you and your family have a Merry Christmas.  Stay in the positive, even on those days when Mother Nature may be teetering on the negative.  We are thankful for the warm fireplace we will be using as we celebrate the most important birthday in our history today.  Happy birthday, Jesus.  And my dad, too. Have a great day.



No comments: