Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Are Your Perceptions Half Empty or Half Full?

 I've heard it said that perception is everything.  The one thing I do know for sure is my perceptions do influence my opinions about what is going on around me.  I must be cautious about the filters I use.  For example, something in my gut tells me that the same people who have been complaining about how awful this last year has been will find a way to tell us that 2021 is just as bad or even worse.  

Was 2020 that horrible in your eyes?  Did anything good happen?  What will your new year be like?  I'm going will the glass half full approach.  Sure, there were times in this last year when I felt the emptiness.  Saying good-bye to our son's beloved pet was not easy.  There were other times when I experienced an overflowing abundance.  My family found a way to come visit me while I was on assignment in Michigan this Fall.  

If you are having trouble thinking about something to work on in the new year, consider cleaning up your view of the world around you.  It's like cleaning the windshield on your vehicle or applying lens cleaner to your eyeglasses.  Once you begin observing the glass half full, you will discover other areas of your life that are also half full.  Have a great day.

No comments: