Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Seek Cruise Control

 There are times in your life when cruise control is not an option.  That's okay.  In fact, using cruise control in high traffic situations, construction zones, or in bad weather may get you in trouble.  Keep in mind these are temporary conditions.   What about those times when you're on the open road?  Are you missing out on the cruise control option? 

Your daily habits are your cruise control option.  When you develop the right daily routines, turn on cruise control.  My hope for the upcoming year ahead is to keep the cruise control on in seven areas of my life – daily blogging/writing, weekly physical fitness, sleeping eight hours a night, food intake of no more than two meals a day, daily meditation of at least thirty minutes, bi-monthly contributions to accelerated mortgage payoff, and daily reading to continue the learning process.  These are my non-negotiable habits. I know there will be detours in the upcoming year and there will be times I will navigate in suboptimal conditions but I also know that if I'm consistent, I can make a great deal of progress in the next twelve months.  Cruise control is my favorite place to be.  How about you?  Remember one thing about habits, it only takes 30 days to go from manual driving to cruise control.  Pick one area of your life and seek cruise control.  Repeat every month and soon you will be driving in comfort while automatically reaching your most important life goals.  Have a great day.

No comments: