Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Angels in the Outfield

As the deadline approaches to complete my manuscript for "God's Black Sheep Squadron", I am getting very excited about how the pieces of God's puzzle are coming together.  This whole process is such a joy.  Since starting this blog nearly one year ago, I have spent a total of zero dollars on this blog site and zero dollars on the book (when you have no money, you become resourceful).

An army of supporters continues to show up on a daily basis and my vision of reaching 10,000 visitors by the end of the year is becoming a realistic possibility.  The best part of this journey is that God has Blessed me with the people, the tools, and the energy to pursue my destiny...leading others to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

What is the next step?...I am gathering a special group of  supporters to assist me.  I will rely on Pete and his team for self-publishing and marketing guidance and I believe I can get the manuscript to press with a budget of $300.  I promised my family that I will not use any income from my "day job" to get this done.  That means I will need to raise some funds through supporters who believe this book will be beneficial to others.

This group will be asked to contribute ideas, feedback, and pray daily.  In return for becoming one of ninety nine "Angels in the Outfield", you will receive a numbered (#2 to #100) and autographed copy of this book and your name will be listed in the credits on the last page of the book (unless you prefer to remain anonymous).  The first numbered book is reserved for the highest bidder at the auction in February and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to my church (see First Fruits for more details).  More on this will be announced in the weeks ahead.  The name of the first owner of the collector's book will also be highlighted at the top of the list (unless anonymity is requested).  This will provide authentication for God's very first fruit and give special recognition to the auction winner.  I am trying to figure out a way for people outside of my community to participate in the auction so that anyone can have an opportunity to be the winner and many more special prizes are being donated for this very important fundraiser.

If you are interested in becoming an "Angel in the Outfield", the first step is to become a follower of this blog...just click the "follow" button on the right below my welcome message.  In order to reserve one of the "special collector's edition" books, a donation of $25 will be requested.  If this economy is beating you up like it is my family and the $25 is not in your budget, don't let that stop you.  Your prayers and your ideas are what is needed most and I will waive the donation request if you can help me in other ways.  Just send me an email and let me know you want to help.

Anyone who becomes a follower will receive a welcome message from me with more information about how to become more involved...I will post more details about "Angels in the Outfield" once everything is in place.  Thank you for your support, there is much work to be done in the months ahead and I deeply appreciate your willingness to keep coming back...

No comments: