Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Special Shout to my Wife of 21 Years

and the two will become one flesh. 
So they are no longer two, but one - Mark 10:8

Today marks the 21st anniversary of our marriage.  As my love was swimming in the ocean in Maui, I planted a diamond ring in the sand.  After her swim, we talked while laying on our beach blanket.  I asked, "what is your wish?"  She closed her eyes and thought for a moment.  Next, I prodded her to share.  She told me her heart's desire was to always make me happy.  After 21 years of marriage, I can say that she has been able to do this without fail.

"What is your wish?" she asked.  As I played with the sand, I told her I'd rather not share because it was impossible for my wish to come true.  "Tell me anyways", she said.  I explained that  I wanted a diamond ring to appear in the sand...suddenly, I pulled a small box out from the sand.  She was stunned.  It was the diamond ring I wished for.  I opened it up and popped the question...The rest is a fairy tale, a dream come true.  God has placed her in the palm of my hand to love and cherish forever.

On this day, I just wanted to take a pause and let the blog world know that she is the love of my life.  Happy Anniversary to my special love, her family calls her Helen, but she will always be my Lucy.  Yes, I am more in love with her today than the day she found her diamond ring in the sand.  She is the one who polishes this "diamond in the rough" and comforts me as we walk together along the journey of life.

God Bless you, my lady, and all whose lives you touch in this world.

Love,

your RRRicky

No comments: