Thursday, July 1, 2010

Walking the Tight Rope

I accidentally looked down the other day and noticed that the safety net below was missing.  "Lucy", I yelled out (this is her nick-name...when I return to the casa de Mulligan, I like to greet her with a "Lucy, I'm home" and she rolls her rrr's as she hugs her RRRicky).  "Lucy, I'm looking down and I don't see the safety net.  Where's the safety net?"  She responded, "Sorry RRRicky, we needed some extra pesos, so I sold the safety net at the garage sale".

Okay, so there is no safety net.  Maybe that wouldn't be such a big deal, however, the winds are picking up and the Evil One is behind me, jiggling the rope.  Rats butts!  The only way off the rope is to keep moving forward.

The good news is that there are some incredible people around me that don't want me or Lucy to fall.  Some have been on the sidelines, content to watch my tight rope/ juggling act while eating popcorn.  Others have decided to join the circus. 

I can see from the blog counter that a crowd is gathering (welcome to my new friends from India and the Philippines).  For those of you who are coming here for the first time, I welcome you.  I wanted to give a special shout to my pastor who just started reading these posts.  I came to you for some help to keep the demons from spoiling the three-ring circus and I am thankful that you will guide me. 

Many of you are asking about the book.  Remember this, you are the biggest part of the story.  Even though I have already given away the ending (God Wins), there is a lot of stuff in the book that I can't wait to share with you.  There is so much work to be done.  Can someone please tell the Evil One to stop jiggling the rope?

Time to go out and earn a few more pesos for Lucy and the kids.  See you at 8:08 tomorrow for some more fun...

No comments: