Monday, July 26, 2010

The First Chapter

The hardest part of my new book to write is the first chapter.  The end of the story is complete, the credits are in place and the title is set.  The middle chapters are in my head and need to be put in writing.  At last, this morning, I got the first chapter hand-written.  Now, it needs to be typed so that I can deliver it to my critique group for feedback.

Writing a book is different from blog writing because it requires a very deep look inside myself to grab the emotions...to find words to describe them.  It also requires visiting memories that have been buried for decades.  The painful ones are difficult to face, yet, I am ready to move forward.

The biggest lesson I have learned during this experience of writing is that if you do a little bit every day, you can accomplish much.  It takes a commitment to stay focused.  Don't let anything get in your way of the vision God has for your life.  Once you discover why you are on this planet, go for it.  For me, there is no turning back.  The first chapter is written.  It will be rewritten many times before you finally see it next March.  What are you doing today that will make the world better?

No comments: