Sunday, July 18, 2010

Two New Members of God's Family

Last weekend, I had the honor of becoming a godfather to my two nieces from Florida.  These two little angels have been awaiting Baptism for a long time.  At last, they are fully initiated into the family of God and I could not be happier.  I share god parenting activities, with another sister.  Together, we will do our best to reach out and share our faith and welcome them into our church.

Over the years, there have been many times when the Evil One attempted to get in the way of these two children.  The final roadblock was removed just twenty four hours before the big day.  What a joy to see my nieces Baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I believe choirs of angels were singing from Heaven above at that very moment.

No matter what hurdles you are facing in your life, recognize God's presence and His power to overcome any obstacles that are between you and Him...

No comments: