Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Fruits

It is early Sunday morning as I write this post, to be published a couple of days into the future.  I got the opportunity last night to "make a confession" in front of my pastor and the whole congregation regarding my secret activity with another church (Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church) these last months.  I stated before the stunned crowd that I had been stealing food (that is, if you call buying restaurant quality food valued at $75 to $100 for a just $30 per box stealing).

I will be repeating this confession a couple more times this morning in order to let others know how they too can get food at a major discount.  The final hurdles are about to be removed... soon, the Treasure Box will be rolling in monthly for the good of all.

As I was on the phone with my pastor, he asked me to please be the chairman on the dinner/auction committee for an event in February.  My first thought was to say no as it is in the final month prior to launching my first book and life is a little bit crazy right now.  After a brief pause, I decided to go for it.  At the end of the conversation, a thought entered my brain...why not just donate the very first copy of the book to the highest bidder at the auction and give the proceeds to our church?  This will be the first fruit of my labor and I want to offer it back to my Creator.

It looks like there won't be any TV for me for the next nine months.  It has been especially hard to miss out on Wimbledon (that is the "other sport" going on besides the World Cup) because of my full plate.  Everyone tells me how exciting it was to watch two tennis players set a record for the longest match in history which played out over three full days and I missed it.  Darn...this book writing is now going full throttle and there will be even more sacrifices ahead.

Stay tuned for details on how you can bid for the collector's edition of "God's Black Sheep Squadron" and other amazing items.  Anyone who has anything to donate, just send me an email and I will acknowledge you at the auction.

No comments: