Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Counterattack


I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest - Revelations 6:1-2


Those of you close to me know that the enemy has been relentless in attacking all aspects of my life.  I think of the followers of Jesus who were facing a massive storm.  They thought they were going to die.  Jesus slept as the apostles feared for their lives.  After waking up, He calmed the seas and the followers settled down.

When facing an enemy that is intent on destroying you, you have choices.  Number one, stay in the foxhole and continue to take on heavy casualties.  Number two, retreat.  Number three, raise the white flag of surrender.  Number four, COUNTERATTACK!

I am sick and tired of watching those close to me get hurt just because the enemy wants to stop God's plans for me and the people I am connected to.  The word retreat is NOT in my vocabulary... nor is surrender.  That's right, you've got it, bring on the counterattack...

I sing God's praises as I apply bandages to the wounded.  I will stand with Martha, Pat, and the rest of the team that will bring much needed supplies to the hungry in my community and I promise to stand tall no matter what weapon the Enemy launches at me or my team.

Weapons?  Oh yes.  My arsenal is well stocked...together we will counterattack with artillery that includes faith, hope and love.  The hand grenades of forgiveness will be distributed for everyone on God's team and all of us will join together.  We will surround ourselves with God's angels.  St. Michael, the archangel will bring in his battalion to protect us while "God's Black Sheep Squadron" defeats the Evil One.

Armor?  It's state of the art.  It starts with a bath in cool, running water.  Each is asked to be Baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  This guarantees eternal life for all who receive the armor of God.

So, just exactly who will join this squadron of black sheep?  It is anyone who ever felt lost, fallen, or defeated.  That includes me, my family, my Zoom partners, my community, and a host of outcasts from all over the planet.  Our Creator has already announced which side will be victorious.  Read the final chapter of the Bible to confirm my words.

Satan, I know you are trying to stop me.  You have wreaked havoc on many that are close to me.  I refuse to leave the front lines and I am fighting you with everything I've got.  My songs of praise to God may be filled with sharps and flats, but God hears my songs and He delights.  The book, "God's Black Sheep Squadron", will be published on time (March 17th, 2011) and God's team will celebrate victory at ground zero.  The counterattack has been declared.  Please join me on the battlefield...

No comments: