Friday, June 18, 2010

Is There a God?

I don't think there has ever been a time in my life when I doubted the existence of a Supreme Being.  I did mistakenly believe, however,  that the universe was too big for Him to pay attention to an insignificant creature like me.  This thinking got me into a lot of trouble.  Possessions became my identity.  The more stuff I had, the more valuable I was.  Image was more important than feelings.

The million dollar question is, "Does God love me?"  If you can answer yes, the next question is, "Does God have time for me?"  Since He has power over time, the logical answer is yes.  The question I overlooked is, "Do I have time for God?"  My belief is that God is constantly at work, sending the right people at the right time to show me He loves me and He has time for me.  These people are around me to encourage me to make time for Him.

It is difficult to comprehend that this Creator of the universe sent His only Son to die for me and for you.  For most of my life, I could see the faults in others, yet was blind to my own shortcomings.  I had trouble with the idea that Jesus died for people on my hate list and never considered myself valuable enough in God's eyes that someone would die for my sins.

Jesus hit the nail on the head.  He made the meaning of life simple, love God with everything you have and love your neighbor unconditionally.  The more we do these two things, the more He reveals Himself to us.

My prayer for you today is that you recognize just how much God loves you and that you make time in your busy life to be with Him.  I also pray that you share that love with your neighbor...maybe it will help him or her to know that there is a God.

No comments: