Thursday, June 24, 2010

Smoke Signals

In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the LORD.  But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering,  but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast - Genesis 4:3-5

Long before Twitter, Facebook, and the Droid, the Native Americans communicated using smoke signals.  The first human family knows all about smoke signals in the story of two brothers, Cain and Abel.  They both made offerings to our Creator.  Only one was pleasing to God, evidenced by the smoke that rose up to the Heavens.  Cain became jealous and killed his brother.

Today, I am sending modern day smoke signals to past friends and leaders who have since become disconnected from my community.  I want all of you to know that you are on my heart every day.  My days of living in the cave are behind me.  The smoke I am sending up in today's post is meant for you...your time teaching me and guiding me will soon bear much fruit.

It is sometimes difficult to stand up to the evil in our world because of the relentless attacks.  My community and my family are being bombarded both internally and externally.  The reason some of you are disconnected is because these evil forces hated everything you stood for, especially for inviting the Holy Spirit to live in our hearts.

It has been years since that ancient technique called "laying of hands" was first applied on this servant.  It became a "smoke signal" for the enemy and has attracted Him to this beautiful community.  There will be thermo-nuclear style attacks in future days and much prayer will be needed.

Please see today's smoke signal rising to the Heavens and know that wherever you are, you are still connected to all of us.  It is time for this community to heal.  I came here twenty one years ago to escape evil and it found me while I was hiding in the cave.  The Holy Spirit has called me out and my fire is blazing.  The enemy is pulling out all the stops to thwart what God has planned, however, God has heard the cries of His people and He has seen their smoke signals.  It is enough to give the committed follower a migraine that won't go away.  For anyone in my community, past and present, I pray that you see today's smoke signal...you are not alone, and you are loved.  God is sending in His troops.  Yes, help is on the way...

No comments: