Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Moment of Reflection

Today's post is being written three days in advance.  If you happen to be my mother, you are probably wondering if I have been abducted by aliens and replaced.  Everything was always done at the last minute. I even wonder if I was late for my own birth.  No mom, I have not been kidnapped, I just discovered why I am on this planet and the excitement has helped me to overcome that procrastination thing that I always thought was part of my DNA.

It is the start of a three day weekend and I am excited to share this special time with my family as soon as this blog message is complete.  I reviewed some of my first posts on this blog while waking up this morning...it is so amazing to take a step back for a moment and see how the Holy Spirit is inspiring me to write.

One of my wife's friends commented that she did not know I was a writer.  Well, I did not know this either.  Your encouragement and willingness to read these posts are helpful.  I promised God that I would do this even if only one person on the planet would benefit.

My prayer for you today is that you are not just a reader, that you discover who you are in God's eyes and that you take action.  Our time on this planet is really short.  Take a moment and just pause.  Close your eyes and reflect on your life in silence.  Do not look at your life as it is, but as it can be.  Do not be afraid to seek a new path if the one you are on is leading nowhere.

No comments: