Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Manage Your Life 24 Hours at a Time


Overwhelmed by all demands you face in life?  It's easy to slip when you're pulled in multiple directions.  I have an idea for you.  It's really simple and it helps me get through the times in my life when I have a lot on my plate.  Here goes:

Focus all your attention on the next 24 hours.  Don't worry about what happened yesterday, last week, last month or last year.  Forget about it.  Your next 24 hours are all about what is going on in your life that needs attention.  Use the time you used to spend dwelling on the past and get busy living.  Avoid spending too much time thinking about future activities.  Devote all your energy to what's going on in your life right now.  The future will take care of itself if you do all the right things today.

These are the questions I ask myself every day that help me stay focused in the moment:
  • What are the best foods to eat at each meal that are going to help me have the most energy?
  • What can I be working on in the next hour that will enhance the quality of my life?
  • What do I need to stop doing so that I no longer waste time?
My wife and I decided this morning we're going to cut out TV for the next six weeks.  Changes like these have a profound effect on the quality of life.  Give these questions a try and let me know if they help you manage your life better.  Have a great day.

No comments: