Wednesday, February 17, 2016

In Search of the Frugalites



Frugality – the quality of being economical with money or food; thriftiness.

Frugalite – a lighthearted person who pursues frugality as an authentic way of life (you won't find it this word in the dictionary.  I made it up during my morning writing session).

Do you like all things frugal?  I must confess I started my frugal ways somewhat reluctantly.  Over time I found my lifestyle changes to be more to my liking.  It was as if my pallet for simplicity changed.  I lost my taste for expensive cars and high dollar mortgages.  Debt left a bad aftertaste in my mouth and I decided to eliminate it from my diet.  Something happens to your soul when you dedicate yourself to this kind of lifestyle.  I'm no longer a prisoner.  I'm free.  I'm a frugalite!

The next step in my journey is to connect with others who share my values or desire to downsize.  I think it will be fun to build a community of frugalites.  There may not be a place for this word in the dictionary but we can all fit in here.  Who's in?  Do you want to be a frugalite?  Join me.  Have a great day.

No comments: