Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beyond the Rants

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I would like to thank a loyal blog reader for notifying me that yesterday's post did not go live at 8:08 AM, Pacific time.  I follow a stringent writing routine and always have my blog completed in time for release.  There was a technical glitch and the story ended up being saved as a draft rather than posting automatically.  I apologize for not catching the error sooner and I thank the blog reader for holding me accountable.  I was angry at myself for the mistake and then I read another email with the quote you see at the top of today's story.  The timing made me laugh.  God caught me at a moment when I was ranting to myself about my story not being published on schedule.  I was also ranting about some other things going on in my personal life.  I lost my focus about praying.  I wanted to share this with my wife, however, when I turned to her she was praying!  I wasn't thankful in all circumstances.  Today's quote helped me to get beyond the rants.

I'm making a commitment today to do these five things:

  1. Always be joyful.
  2. Never stop praying.
  3. Be thankful in all circumstances.
  4. Stay connected to Jesus.
  5. Get beyond the rants and live my life without making excuses, blaming others or deviating from God's plan for my life.
How about you?  Would you like to join me today and put these five items on your list.  You don't have to tell me or anyone else.  Just quietly commit to these five ideas for the next twenty-four hours. If you find your life is better, repeat this tomorrow for another twenty-four hours.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: