Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lost and Found


Today's post is dedicated to the oldest member of my generation of Mulligan cousins.  Her desire to search for lost treasures from generations past is about to come to a conclusion.  She is compiling a treasure chest of memories spanning over one hundred years to be shared with relatives all over the country.  The recent discovery of a lost branch in our family tree is like icing on the cake.  Thanks to my cousin's efforts to recover lost photos, poems and stories, my extended family, including members of the lost branch, will be able to connect with our ancestors.

In the big picture of my life, I believe Jesus is revealing Himself to me more and more as each day passes.  I will never forget the day I asked the Holy Spirit to show me who I am in God's eyes.  It's the day I looked in a mirror and saw a stranger.  My search to find that person continues daily.  Some may say I'm writing a book.  I say it was written before I was born and I'm now finally discovering the chapters just as my cousin is uncovering lost family gems. 

No comments: