Saturday, September 22, 2012

What Do Dreams Mean?


Last night, I had a strange dream about my dad.  We were preparing for some kind of performance and he gave me a checklist of things to do before the show could go on.  He went to sleep hours before the performance and I felt unsure about what to do.  He never woke up.

I'm no dream expert.  In my opinion, I think dreams are activities the brain performs to help us solve problems in our waking moments.  Last night's dream patterns my own life.  My dad did his best to prepare me for life as an adult.  When he passed away, it was time to carry on without him as my mentor.  I think my brain found a clever way to visit my dad in my sleep and get a little inspiration.  I find myself eager to finish my life's check list.  The show must go on.

What do you learn from your dreams?  Do they teach lessons?  I invite you to share your thoughts in the comment section below.

No comments: